Monday, August 26, 2013

Crests Break Down

CRESTS BREAK DOWN


I'm awakened by the sound

surrounded by ocean ...

in the dead of night,

encircled by fatal fins & waves crashing down

no land or refuge in sight.

Razor-sharp teeth graze me gently,

just as I fade from this world,

I'm awakened
by my submerged enemies to this 'cat & mouse' game.

My arms are heavy, tired & burn...

my legs the same.

My eyes are salted from the sea

& peppered with oasis'
that can not be.

My lungs are filled with blood & water,

each cough empties them & beckons my frenzied slaughter.

I think I think I hear...
music,
a rhythm...

confusing bliss with this twisted decision-

Should I just give up, give in & accept or continue?

A mantra set to repeat in my mind.

I spy another icy wave in my hind-view...

And I kNow this is it...

in seconds it'll crest,
break & crash back down

like the sound of a crescendo,

the strength to resurface,

I have not found...

Damn...

Ok...
fuck it...
you had a good run...

let it go, it's not yours to hold, sinking...

let it go, it's not yours to hold, sinking...

let it go, it's not yours to hol... thinking...

hold on!

Why does this feel like being born,

torn from life or ripped from deaths grip?

I cant tell the difference anymore.

In every ending there is beginning,

a cycle spinning,

immersed in this ocean of hopeless freedom & emotion

struggling to surrender is to beat them,

a novel notion,

to be life's willing victim

easier said than done & even easier still written...

swimming with the current or against the tide

just to let go & flow
submit to the ride

without fear or jubilation to host

The Conductors wand dancing to protean oration,

we are but orchestral instruments to the cosmos

after the overture...

we play to a full consciousness,

the curtain closes to a
thunderous standing ovation.


You hear that beat...
a faint rhythm?

I hear music...

in life,

out death,

in birth,

out breath

*love*

in breath,

out birth,

in death,

out life...

shits a dream,

for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment