Friday, August 9, 2013

Bumbling & Humming


I don't have or want a big new car,
an extravagant home...
dont care to wear the latest fashion of clothes,
expensive jewelry or stay up-to-date with music, sports or tv shows...
I dont do these things to be anti-anything.
I dont do them because Im being me
& they arent important to me.
This world sees value in scarcity because those who run it
want every bit they can get.
Theirs, yours & mine...
I find value in abundance
or at the very least having juuuuuuust enough... Like
air
water
earth
light from the Sun
plant life
smiles on the faces
& the rocks,
I see
on the side of the road
when on my daily run...

The various shapes the wind contorts clouds to make
or the everso slight light peeking through pin-holes
in nights vast curtain of darkness...
The way the trees sway,
my very own 'private dancer',
romancingly prancing only for me...
they shed their leaves
somewhere lost in the breeze,
baring the gifts
nature has blessed them with...
The quiet before
just as much as the chaos during
the storm...
the flow
like the synaptic spark of original thought being born...

I value clear motivations & well chosen words...
the scientifically impossibility in the flight of bumble bees & humming birds.
I value well written books with well aged rum...
I value well crafted poetry & the beat of a nice drum...
I value locs, tattoos & a good laugh...
the simply complexity yet absolute rhythm of math,
individuality, creativity & reality.
I value the way my daughters say 'Daddy'
with an adoration, unequaled.
I value principled people...
truth & love; unsequeled.
I value women, gorgeous women
who don't kNow or care how gorgeous they are...
because they're too busy keeping & losing count
of the grains of sand they have on their left hand...
Why?
I don't know why, its just her rhyme...
but its seems pretty damn important
to her at the time...
What in this world could be more valued than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment