Monday, October 14, 2013

Shooting Stars

I can't help but be surprised
each morning I wake
The escape is heaven-scent
it scrapes away flesh, the hellish stench
but not the need for death-rows repent
an everlasting throes of death descent
as deathblows are dealt
sharked cards marked
hearts
all Aces & 8s
Death march in stride with the Ides
in the eye of the Stygian Fates
for 1/72 more Rayse sunrise
all eyes of snakes
felt
penetratingly pensive
laser-like strikes
but not to melt
only to inflict
sorrow
I am its adoring addict
in it I soar to the highest place in this house
but still trapped within its walls like an attic
With nowhere else to run
I lay pet by the rain
& pray debt to the sun
then I pray again
let my prayers be not in vain
I double-down on leap years &
cover the spread from solstice to solstice,
got Hades' hellhound races down to a science
the apocalyptic horsemen codex,
got it locked in my back pocket
I'm all in on the 4th
just to keep me here
just to hear another cocks crow
I hedge bets on my tomorrows
to borrow hope for another day to come
but interest like noon sky doom
inescapably high
So high
I
be
DAMNED
if
I
pay
insider trading with the external traitor
outsider parading as the internal masquerader
selling off
siphoned off
sections of my soul
/each has a worth, price & toll/
to pay
my tunes piper
caught
nailed to the crux in the crosshairs
of Kismets sniper...
singing
'Are you happy you’re a shooting star
Able to give wonder to a galaxy of eternal mystery
Inside my mind
I’m waiting for you...'
sumthin,
sumthin,
sumthin else
'And maybe I’m lucky to have seen you tonight
Coz I needed something I have always dreamed about
It doesn’t matter if I can go through
I just want my eye inside this tunnel to heaven
I just want my eye inside this tunnel to heaven
And I wish'
Sumthin, sumthin...
'Shooting star'
Copyright 2012 Jasiri S.M. wa Uhuru

No comments:

Post a Comment